A unique hospital care facility in Kampot Cambodia that provides medical care to the poorest who otherwise could not afford treatment.
We provide free and low cost medical treatment to those who are most in need.
We provide postgraduate training to our young Cambodian doctors, nurses and midwives.
Our staff is compassionate and trained by experts.
We provide medical outreach in schools and villages where help is most needed.
The Sonja Kill Memorial Hospital is a charity hospital that was built with the vision to improve the health situation of Cambodians, especially children and expectant mothers, regardless of their ability to pay. There has been great progress made towards achieving this goal since the hospital opened on the 1st of April 2012.
Sustainability is important to us. Therefore, fees are based on the patient’s ability to pay as determined by financial assessment. Poor families will be treated for free, while patients who can financially contribute to their medical care will be required to pay a fee.
DEVELOPMENTS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS SINCE OPENING APRIL 2012
- 2012 SKMH opened with only the Outpatient Department
- 2013 Emergency Department opened
- Two Inpatient Wards opened introducing 24 hour care
- 2014 The Maternity Building opened for expectant mothers
- 2015 The Surgical Department opened with a fully functioning Operating Theater
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit became operational
- 2016 Official opening of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Centralized Medical Gas system installed
- Blood Bank opened.
- 2017 Be Smart Learning Center opened for children of SKMH employees
- Promotion of four Cambodian internship graduates to Department Chiefs or Deputy Chiefs
- 2018 Sustainability at the end of the year – 100% of Operating Costs covered by patient fees.
- 2019 Additional Maternity Ward opened for mothers requesting private rooms
READ MORE in ‘Clinical Services‘
We are tremendously grateful to everyone who has helped us come this far and continues to support our mission. We are a professional, friendly and compassionate team who loves working together to make Cambodia a healthier place. We are always looking for support so that we can continue saving lives of very sick children and their families.
Cambodia has one of the highest child mortality rates in Asia, with thousands of children dying from treatable diseases each year. The Sonja Kill Memorial Hospital is working to serve those children and mothers most desperately in need. We are always in need of help, and you can support us financially, through physical donations, or by volunteering your time. For financial contributions, go to www.hopeww.org (please specify donation is for SKMH).
READ MORE in ‘Support‘ for Volunteer and Donation opportunities.
We offer the following services 24 hours / 7 days including public holidays:
Emergency Department, Inpatient Services, Surgical Department, Maternity Department
Contact Us :
- Reception Desk (Non-Emergency) : 077 666 752
- Emergency Only : 078 265 782
Outpatient Clinic Hours:
Monday-Friday: 07:00 – 17:00 o’clock Saturday: 08:00 – 15:30 o’clock
Closed on main Public Holidays
Inpatient Visiting Hours: Daily from 10:00 until 18:00 o’clock
General Information Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer and Student Internship Inquiries: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest news, check out our stories on Facebook
SKMH is located 7km from Kampot on National Road 3
Copyright Sonja Kill Memorial Hospital – All rights reserved