A unique hospital care facility in Kampot Cambodia that provides medical care to the poorest who otherwise could not afford treatment.
We provide free and low cost medical treatment to those who are most in need.
We provide postgraduate training to our young Cambodian doctors, nurses and midwives.
Our staff is compassionate and trained by experts.
We provide medical outreach in schools and villages where help is most needed.
The Sonja Kill Memorial Hospital is a non profit hospital and training center that improve the health of families and their communities by delivering high-quality, patients centered care regardless of their ability to pay.
Sustainability is important to us. Therefore, Poor families will be treated for free, while patients who can financially contribute to their medical care will be required to pay a fee.
DEVELOPMENTS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS SINCE OPENING APRIL 2012
- 2012 SKMH opened with only the Outpatient Department
- 2013 Emergency Department opened
- Two Inpatient Wards opened introducing 24 hour care
- 2014 The Maternity Building opened for expectant mothers
- 2015 The Surgical Department opened with a fully functioning Operating Theater
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit became operational
- 2016 Official opening of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Centralized Medical Gas system installed
- Blood Bank opened.
- 2017 Be Smart Learning Center opened for children of SKMH employees
- Promotion of four Cambodian internship graduates to Department Chiefs or Deputy Chiefs
- 2018 Sustainability at the end of the year – 100% of Operating Costs covered by patient fees.
- 2019 Additional Maternity Ward opened for mothers requesting private rooms
- 2020 Over 2,000 deliveries, SKMH chosen as participant in pilot project for Cambodian Hospital Accreditation System (CHAS)
- 2021 Collaboration with OD and PHD in vaccinating over 10,000 people for covid-19.Development of respiratory care units
- 2022 New HIS implemented across the hospital, 10-year anniversary, opening of isolation ward to treat covid-19.
READ MORE in ‘Clinical Services‘
We are tremendously grateful to everyone who has helped us come this far and continues to support our mission. We are a professional, friendly and compassionate team who loves working together to make Cambodia a healthier place. We are always looking for support so that we can continue saving lives of very sick children and their families.
Cambodia has one of the highest child mortality rates in Asia, with thousands of children dying from treatable diseases each year. The Sonja Kill Memorial Hospital is working to serve those children and mothers most desperately in need. We are always in need of help, and you can support us financially, through physical donations, or by volunteering your time. For financial contributions, go to www.hopeww.org (please specify donation is for SKMH).
READ MORE in ‘Support‘ for Volunteer and Donation opportunities.
We offer the following services 24 hours / 7 days including public holidays:
Emergency Department, Inpatient Services, Surgical Department, Maternity Department
Contact Us :
- OPD: Tel. : 077 666 752 & 010 853 680 (Available from Monday to Friday, 07:00AM to 17:00PM)
- OPD Women Health Clinic : 081 531 780 (Available from Monday to Saturday, 07:00AM to 17:00PM
- Emergency Only: 078 265 782
- Pediatric Emergency : 081 548 125
Inpatient Visiting Hours:
From 9:00 AM to 19:00PM
General Information Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer and Student Internship Inquiries: email@example.com
For the latest news, check out our stories on Facebook
[fts_facebook type=page id=1439721069648840 posts=1 height=500px description=yes posts_displayed=page_only]
SKMH is located 7km from Kampot on National Road 3
Copyright Sonja Kill Memorial Hospital – All rights reserved